Thursday, September 25, 2008

Birthday, etc.

Thank you to everyone for their birthday wishes! The amount of messages I received was overwhelming - I feel extremely loved and blessed.

My day here was pretty lowkey, but very enjoyable. My MSID-Kenya program staff bought me a delicious cake and a biiiig card. My friend Steph here gave me a really sweet card, complete with a picture of me doing yoga in Africa...
After school, pretty much all of my American classmates came out for Chinese food, it was delicious! Not exactly the same as American Chinese food, but very tasty.
With my family, we didn't do anything too spectacular. We had samosas (beans or some filling inside a crispy bread) and a normal dinner. I wasn't sure what to expect for a "Kenyan" birthday so this was definitely alright with me.
The only strange thing was that I didn't have a single drink on my 21st birthday! I had school today, so it was probably for the best. Since we don't have school on Friday, I think I'll go out tonight instead!

This weekend I'll be staying in Nairobi but probably taking some daytrips... Possibly to a tribal dance, Nairobi National Park, and a giraffe orphanage! Hopefully I'll get some good pictures to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a drinking age in Kenya???

Anonymous said...

Hi Steph
I love the pictures. I didn't picture mountains in Kenya. I guess it just goes to show how little I knew about it. Where's the picture of the charging hippo??? :-)
I'm so glad you're having such a good time.
Anita