Friday, March 06, 2009

Gisenyi

Today is my last day in Gisenyi, a very small town in Rwanda on Lake Kivu. Gisenyi is at the border of the Congo, with it's sister city Goma. The city is beautiful, and so quiet. The entire city borders the lake, so at anytime you can go have lunch or beer on the lake. And it's just so quiet for an African city, it isn't bustling at all. There are barely any cars. The food is delicious. There are brochettes everywhere (roast meat on a stick, seriously delicious, I'm getting fatter everyday), deep-fried little fish (also surprisingly delicious), and plenty of fresh chips (okay, french fries) to go around.

We're staying at a friend's house on the lake. The funny this is, this guy has a four bedroom house for about $300 dollars a month. It's a huge, beautiful house, and it's so cheap. If I'm ever filthy rich, this is the city my vacation home would be in. The lake is very clean and a good temperature in which to swim. What more could you ask for?

I've really just been relaxing here. Sleeping, eating, looking forward to the next meal... I've also been writing a lot of blogs for the future on all sorts of topics, so stay tuned!

Two other quick pieces of news:
1) My laptop is in Nairobi, but I won't be back there for a while, so I won't be able to upload any photos for a few weeks.
2) I'm fairly certain I'll be coming home at the end of the program. It costs a fair bit of money to change your ticket to a later date, and I don't really have any travel partners. This isn't 100%, but if I do come home at the end of the program, I'll be home April 26th or 27th. Did you hear that Grandpa?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad that you will probably be coming back at the end of your program and not staying there longer. I have missed you too much and want to see you as soon as I can! It sounds like you are having a great experience, with the good and the bad, and I can't wait to hear all about it in person when you get back to the States. ~Sam

Unknown said...

What you hold between your legs is very precious- Size 8 tells women
- Gospel singer size 8 told women they should not give out their cookie in exchange for cheap gifts

- She instead encouraged them to focus on handwork and pray to their God to open doors to prosperity instead of seeking short-cuts

- Her message, though deep, was loaded with heavy sexual undertones and is bound to raise controversy
https://tuko.co.ke/220439-that-legs-precious-gospel-singer-size-8-tells-women-live-tv-video.html