Friday, March 27, 2009

Chicken Update

A few people have inquired about the state of the chicken that was given to me as a gift - for dinner. My chicken, which I named Gweno (Luo for chicken), is alive and well! It has a "NO EAT" order on it's cute little head. When it came to me, it was really skinny and unhealthy and someone had plucked its tail feathers (how rude!). But now, it's chubby and shiny and full of feathers! It is also part of our family of chickens. I guess it has to stay in Kenya, but I will maintain that my family not eat it. Unfortunately, it won't make eggs until after I leave! Boo! But I love my Gweno anyway.

1 comment:

momspayne said...

Let's see a picture of the chicken. Those of you who have read "Onivore's Dilemna" will know that the chicken is happy and living its live as a chicken should. But I bet it's tasty - happy chickens make good eating!