Thursday, April 02, 2009

The Things I Love

My friends and I complain a lot while we're here, let's just be honest. Kenya can be tough. But I know for a fact that when I leave I'll miss it. So for my benefit in these last few weeks and for all of yours too, here is a list of things I like in Kenya.
-The fact that the sky is blue every single day, and the weather consistent. No need to check the weather, and you can wear the same clothes every day.
-Cheap and amazingly flavorful mangoes, papayas, pineapples, bananas.
-Roasted chicken! YUM!
-Brushing my teeth outside every morning.
-The ability to swim every day.
-$3 DVD's with an entire season of a TV show (just ignore the Chinese subtitles).
-"Pole pole:" a very relaxed culture! Feel free to be 2 hours late or not show up. In other words, I don't leave the house until ten every day.
-The stars are ridiculously bright wherever you are.
-Things are always interesting and exciting!

1 comment:

JackSummers said...

In our time love is a broad understanding. Someone looking for yourself a person by appearance, someone - looking finances but no human, someone just takes and falls in love. Everybody must to remember, love is love, but the health and good habits in life is a first and foremost. Never don't do it that writing in https://tuko.co.ke/153852-7-everyday-habits-making-kenyans-poor.html Are you agree vs me? Add own comments.